- Is only one of two non-winners on American Idol to never be in the bottom group? The other was Clay Aiken.
- Never says God’s name in vain. You never hear him say “oh my god!” David says “gosh” instead ” (good for you David!)
- Traveled at least 743 mi. to audition for American Idol. By car that would take 10 hrs and 52 min, without traffic.
- Used to always lick his lips when he would sing on American idol, he still does – but not as much.
- Is SUPER humble.
- Can’t stand hearing himself sing, look up the video of him singing Jason Mraz’s song, “I’m Yours.”
- Topped iTunes music chart on American Idol, making himself #1 with Imagine.
- Is religious. In order to shake any pre-performance jitters, David prays.
- Had less time on American Idol to practice his songs than most older contestants. On top of Ford music videos, choosing songs, and recording for iTunes, he had to go to school.
- Never brags about himself. He describes himself as spacey and weird.
- Sang 4 songs, ‘Angels’, ‘Apologize’, ‘Stand by me/ Beautiful girls’, and ‘When You Say You Love Me’ , on the American Idol tour, while the other idols sang only 3 songs (except for Cook who sang 5).
- Holds the microphone in his left hand (He is left-handed.)
- Is featured on the cover of more Malaysian and Singapore magazines, than he is in the US…
Have you noticed?
(Sourced from AFS )